About bus services in Northern Ireland
Most bus services in Northern Ireland are operated by Translink. What bus services are called can vary depending on where you are travelling to and from.
- Metro is the name for buses in Belfast
- Glider is the name of a rapid bus service between east and west Belfast
- Foyle Metro is the name for buses in Derry/Londonderry
- Ulsterbus is the name for bus services outside Belfast
- Goldline is the name for express coach services across Northern Ireland (Goldline branded coaches may also be used on Ulsterbus services)
Routes and timetables
Feedback and complaints
The Consumer Council
Other bus services
There are a small number of bus services in Northern Ireland provided by operators other than Translink. These include:
- Cross border services operated by Bus Éireann
- Services between Belfast and Dublin operated by Aircoach and Dublin Coach
- Services between Derry and Belfast airports operated by Airporter Ltd
- A commuter coach service between Newry and Belfast operated by Rooney Coaches
- A service between Northern Ireland and Glasgow run by Hannon Coach
Visit the Dublin Coach website.
Visit the Aircoach website.
Visit the Airporter website.
Visit the Rooney Coaches website.